Mmmm … gosh, how I love sweet stews! This stew with chicken fillet, sweet dates and fresh pineapple is really delicious and also quick to prepare! Great for when you come home hungry after a long day of work and still want to eat something njummie and healthy! You’ll definitely also enjoy the leftovers the day after (if there are any at least 🙂 !) …
Zoet stoofpotje met kip, dadels & ananas
- 600 g chicken fillet sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 fresh pineapple cut into small cubes
- 12 dried dates cut into small pieces
- 6 dried figs cut into small pieces
- 12 dried apricots cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp almond flakes
- 3-4 tbsp almond powder
- 1 1/2 dl chicken bouillon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (neutral) cooking oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ras-el-hanout
- Roast the pine nuts and almond flakes in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok pan over high heat. Add the chicken stripes and stir fry for 8-10 min. Adjust heat if necessary, as to prevent burning. Season with cinnamon, turmeric, garam masala, ras-el-hanout, pepper and salt.
- Add dates, figs, apricots and raisins and mix together well.
- Add the honey and almond powder and pour over the bouillon. Let it stew for about 5-6 min until the sauce has thickened. Then add maple syrup.
- Put the stew in a bowl and keep warm.
- Quickly fry the pineapple cubes in the (same) wok pan until golden brown.
- When the pineapple cubes are done, put them together with the stew and finish with the roasted pine nuts and almond flakes. Serve immediately with couscous or (wild) rice.